Friday, July 4, 2014

The road to Yellowstone Park.

I woke up late today - about 6:30 - I was excited that we would be going to Yellowstone National Park. I had watched Ken Burns' series on the National Parks so I knew that the park was established in the late 1800s. I also knew that Theodore Roosevelt laid the cornerstone for the arch at the north entrance.

We left Helena and eventually joined route 90 again. We drove through Bozeman and picked up route 89 which took us along the Yellowstone River to Gardiner.





































We decided to fortify ourselves for the drive through Yellowstone so we stopped at Cowboy's Grille. 





The day had been showery but there was a downpour while we were eating.

I had a salad with delicious homemade vinaigrette and a side of barbecue chicken. We wanted to buy T shirts, but they were all out.






Our next stop - Yellowstone! 







No comments:

Post a Comment