Friday, June 27, 2014

Goodbye Seattle

After we finished our tour with Terry, we decided to go back to the hotel to refresh ourselves and decide what to do for lunch/dinner. Dan was in the mood for oysters. My gastronomic goal was to try salmon while in Seattle and potatoes in Idaho.  We ended up walking across the street to Daniel's Broiler - Dan had called and found out salmon was on the menu. I thought the name had karma.




We sat outside on the harbor - watching boats coming and going and being strafed by water planes! It costs $80-$100 to take a 15 minute aerial tour of Seattle. Must be pretty popular - I've seen lots of these planes since we arrived.

Dan started off with oysters - he thought they had a softer texture than back in Boston. I had my salmon with roasted asparagus, zucchini, and potatoes. I usually only eat salmon in Ireland. So I was surprised that this didn't have a stronger flavor, but, boy, it was delicious! Dan had scallops wrapped in bacon which were to die for - real scallops like we would take from the shell in Sneem. 
My glass of Washington Riesling was light and refreshing. Dan had spied Key Lime Pie on the menu and had a fancy for that. I ordered mango sorbet. Both were good, but we loved the sorbet! It came with blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries.



When we finished, I walked through the waterfront park - it is a lovely place. It was late but kids were still riding bikes, families were strolling, people were jogging.


Looking toward the harbor.



A family out for a stroll.



Such beautiful vibrant flowers!


Looking toward the fountain and a footbridge over part of the lake.



Historic boats being restored.

Daniel's Broiler on the right near the two trees - our hotel is the building beside it - a street away.



I walked home when it started to get dark and people were leaving. Tonight I pulled out that sofa bed which was quite comfortable. Watched the news which is on here at 10 and off to bed. Heading through Idaho to Montana tomorrow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment